W. J. Martin Prize
On the initiative of Phil Taylor, since 2009, BachoTeX participants award the W. J. Martin Prize for the best conference presentation.
The prize goes to the presentation which gets the biggest number of votes. The author of the presentation receives free participation in the next year's BachoTeX.
photo: Jakub Zdroik
- 2009: Aleksandra Hankus for Introducing Stefan
- Jacek Czekaj for Designing and implementing a typesetting system
- Mathias Nater for TeX's hyphenation applied to HTML
- 2011: Marek Ryćko for A Radical Approach to the Radical Sign
- 2012: Łukasz Dziedzic for Tree, stone, water. Thoughts, models and ideas for flexible type design
- 2013: Bugusław Jackowski, Łukasz Dziedzic, Marek Ryćko (co-authors) for Two typographic etudes for basic calculus and implementation
- 2014: Marek Ryćko, Bugusław Jackowski, Łukasz Dziedzic, Piotr Strzelczyk for Experimenting with the interactive visualisation of algorithms implemented in MetaPost
- 2015: Willi Egger for Off topic: The Beauty of Handcrafting a Violin
- 2016: Frank Mittelbach for Alice in Wonderland—the tale of the long tail in globally optimized page breaking